6th - 8th Grade Application Requirements
Step 1: Apply Online
- Click here to start your online application. Once the application is complete, please return to the parent portal to review additional application requirements.
Step 2: Additional Application Pieces
- Teacher Recommendation: After completing the online application, please submit the full name and email address of your student's teacher in the parent portal. They will receive an automatic email and submit the recommendation electronically.
- Transcripts: Download the Transcript Release Form and submit it to your school’s Registrar. The Registrar can either mail the recommendation, email it directly to Colette Sims at email@example.com or fax it to Foothill Country Day School at (909) 625-4251.
- Financial Assistance: If you plan to apply for financial assitance, please visit School & Student Services (SSS) and complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). After you complete the application, you should upload your most recent IRS 1040 tax form to your SSS.
Step 3: Scheduling Assessment
- Foothill offers the the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) for students applying to 6th - 8th grade.
- Upon the receipt of a student’s application for admission, families will be sent instructions for registering their child for the ISEE. Testing fees ($100 for ISEE) are paid directly to ISEE when registering. The date for testing on campus will be Saturday, February 8, 2020.
- The Admission Committee will review each student's application and additional materials. Based on the application, they may be invited to participate in a Shadow Day on campus. During the Shadow Day, students will attend classes, eat lunch on campus, and interview with the Upper School Director.
Step 4: Decision Making
- You will receive an email from the Admission office on Friday, March 20, 2020 with the Admission decision! The contract and deposit are due on Friday, March 27, 2019 by 3:00p.m. Please contact us if you have any last-minute questions.