1st - 5th Grade Application Requirements
Step 1: Apply Online
- Click here to start your online application. Once the application is complete, please return to the parent portal to review additional application requirements.
Step 2: Additional Application Pieces
- Teacher Recommendation: After you complete the application, please submit the full name and email address of your student's teacher in the parent portal. They will receive an automatic email and submit aubmit the recommendation electronically.
- Transcripts: Download the Transcript Release Form and submit it to your school’s Registrar. The Registrar can either mail the recommendation, email it directly to Colette Sims at email@example.com or fax it to Foothill Country Day School at (909) 625-4251.
- Financial Aid: If you plan to apply for financial aid, please visit School & Student Services (SSS) and complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). After you complete the application, you should upload your most recent IRS 1040 tax form to your SSS. Applications are due by Monday, February 11, 2019.
Step 3: Scheduling Foothill Shadow Day & AABL/ISEE Assessment
- Through the parent portal, you will pick a day for your student to shadow at Foothill. They will complete the AABL/ISEE assessment (see below) and attend classes with a buddy for the remainder of the school day. Assessment and Schools Visits Days will take place every Tuesday and Wednesday in January and February. Please email the Admission office to schedule your child’s date.
- Foothill offers the Admission Assessment for Beginning Learners (AABL) test for students applying to 1st Grade, and the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) for students applying to 2nd - 5th grade.
- Upon the receipt of a student’s application, families will be sent instructions for registering their child for the appropriate exam. Testing fees ($65 for AABL and $100 for ISEE) are paid directly to AABL/ISEE when registering.
Step 4: Decision Making
- You will receive an email from the Admission office on Friday, March 15, 2019 with the Admission decision! The contract and deposit are due on Monday, March 25, 2019 by 3:00pm. Please contact us if you have any last-minute questions.