Kindergarten Application Requirements
Step 1: Apply Online
- Click here to start your online application. Once the application is complete, please return to the parent portal to review additional application requirements.
Step 2: Additional Application Pieces
- Preschool Recommendation: After you complete the application, please submit the full name and email address of your student's preschool teacher in the parent portal. They will receive an automatic email and submit the recommendation electronically.
- Financial Aid: If you plan to apply for financial aid, please visit School & Student Services (SSS) at and complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). After you complete the application, you should upload your most recent IRS 1040 tax form to your SSS. Applications are due by Monday, February 11, 2019.
Step 3: Scheduling Assessment & School Visit
- Integrated Learning Solutions (ILS) Assessment: Foothill Country Day School partners with ILS in administering the kindergarten assessments. Families must register for their student’s assessment through the ILS link in the parent portal. Testing fees ($150 for ILS) are paid directly to ILS when registering. The ILS screening will take place at Foothill Country Day School on Saturday, February 9, 2019 and Saturday, February 16, 2019 and lasts approximately 30 - 40 minutes.
- Kindergarten Play Day: Prospective students are required to attend one (Saturday) Kindergarten Play Day. The Kindergarten Play Day allows our teachers to observe students in social interactions and engage them in developmentally appropriate activities. Parents can sign up through their parent portal. The Play Days are Saturday, February 23, 2019 and Saturday, March 2, 2019 and lasts approximately 2 hours.
Step 4: Decision Making
- You will receive an email from the Admission Office on Friday, March 15, 2019 with the Admission decision! The contract and deposit are due on Monday, March 25, 2019 by 3:00 pm. Please contact us if you have any last-minute questions.